The working world has change a lot in the past century. More and more companies are doing their best to include diversity in order to benefit from the innovation it brings into companies. Have a look at the “Global Diversity and Inclusion: Fostering Innovation Through a Diverse Workforce” from Forbes for more information on this topic. Developing inclusion in the workplace requires to develop new habits.
In fact, there are five habits of inclusion: fairness, openness, cooperativeness, support and empowerment. tweet this
In this post I will explain how one can develop Fairness in a company. There is not a one solution fits all and my aim is to help you determine the best next step you can take.
A. A definition of fairness
- Performance and talent management: Evaluation & Promotion, Pay & Reward…
- Leadership and Communication: Conflict resolutions, access to information…
- Strategy & Change Management: Work / life Balance, Participation to Strategy & change decision,
A company is fair as long as every employee knows that he / she will be treated based on the same rules and expectations as anyone else. It is the leadership responsibility to define fairness for itself but now you may wonder: How fair is my company with its employees?
B. How fair is my company with its employees?
It is important to know where you stand before trying to change the way you manage your company. You may already have an answer to this question or be willing to assess your company fairness. Identifying the areas where there is a need of clarification is vital. This knowledge will help you build your fairness program and communicate it.
You should evaluate how informed your employees are when it comes to your company fairness program or system. It is always possible to create a fairness barometer to help you implement a regular evaluation.
C. How can I improve my company fairness?
- Performance and talent management: Have clear rule about Evaluation & Promotion, Pay & Reward… Meaning everyone has access to evaluation, promotion, reward criteria and knows where he / she stands in the pay system.
- Leadership and Communication: In case of conflict the resolution is based on facts not feelings, Information is communicated to everyone concerned,
- Strategy & Change Management: The Work / life Balance rules applies to everyone, Employees are consulted when a new strategy or change decision affects their work.,
You should take the time to ensure that the rules apply to everyone. It is possible to create a Fairness Manager Role or make managers responsible for the result of the fairness barometer. My main point is what ever you decide to do. You should decide to do it consciously because fairness in companies increase employee satisfaction which in return increases company success.
In my next post you will learn about the second habit of inclusion and how to implement it in your company. Since then have a great week!
The five habits of inclusive companies: